Books in my Life

I remember when I first got attracted to books when someone donated books to amma for me and brothers.
In that set there were Nancy Drews and National Geography magazines.
Nancy Drew new for me series of set. I loved reading them and also borrowed the books which I didn't have from the school library.



I remember "The Wishing Chair" my first ever Enid Blyton book - a chair that would transport the characters to dreamlike places as it had and could fly. Adventure of the wishing chair is a true delight for me exploring the world with pixies and goblins

Mollie and Peter accidentally find a wishing chair in an old shop they wanted to buy their mother a birthday presents and from there starts the enchanted journey of the pixies,goblins, fairies, witches, magicians and going through charmed places like the Land of Dreams, The Land of Goodies, the Land of Toys. 

Indeed this is how I got connected to books. It all started with a Wishing Chair to a Banana Robber then into Nancy Drew and then the classic stories such as Black Beauty, Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island, Jungle Book, Gulliver's Travels, Tales of Two Cities, Etc

Books are my interest and I get attracted to those that attracts me. I am very particular about my books and the story that is in it. Sorry, am not a big fan of Love stories. I love non-fictions, fiction and sci-fi kind of books.

My aunt encouraged me to read as she bought books for her daughter, I also will get few of them. She gave me the entire collections of Charles Dickson sets and I loved the Enid Blyton more as they were my type. After a very long time later on in my 20's I got addicted to Harry Potter, than more books I started to venture. My collection started to expand, some of the books were remade into movies which I didn't miss to watch at the movie theaters.

Later, I bumped into Dan Brown, Paulo Coelho, Mitch Albom and some Indian writers, this is how books came into my life. Books as become part of my life and will be there forever.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!