ARR 2016 Live In KL

Yesterday, I went for the "Nenje Yezhu" ARR 2016 World Tour.

The last AR Rahman show I went for was in 2004, that was a big event and for the first time AR Rahman was on his world tour.

I have been AR Rahman's biggest fan ever since the very first time when I heard "Roja", while on a family trip to Cameron Highland in 1992.

Since then whenever his songs comes on the radio, I would not miss listening to them. My mother taught me how to record the songs on a cassette player while it's being played on the radio. So I had a cassette with my collection.Later on, my mother got me the cassettes to listen.

My first cassette ARRahman was Roja and Uzhavan. Even since then, I never missed getting a copy of his new releases.

After few years, CD was released but those were very expensive initially. A CD would cost RM50, but my mother got me the very first CD on Minsara Kanavu and Iruvar. She also bought than the latest VCD player cum radio with huge speakers as in picture below. AIWA was the famous brand in 90s.



There is so much to talk about AR Rahman. Yeah, the South Indian do have accomplished musicians like MSV and Illairaja. But AR Rahman was the future and fusion for the new generations.

All his older songs are irresistible till now. Doesn't matter how many times I need to repeat to hear his songs, but it never gets bored. His musics have something that keeps me wanting more. He created something new and that our mind and soul really gets a treat.

He introduced so many new singers and brought the extraordinary out of them. He also brought in rap, pop, jazz, disco,classical fusions into Indian musics and also melodies that really mesmerize to scenes in the movie. 

He is a genius and he still never lets his fans down till today.  

This time the weather was not at our favor. It was raining so heavily, but we as the fans waited anxiously for the show to start. Indeed the show got delayed as the stage got wet from the heavy rain. The organizers had to delay the show to avoid any accidents on the stage, the rain never seems to stop anytime soon.

Finally, they had to start the show somehow. ARR was with full spec orchestra but they can not play all. Limited music and shorter performances.

End of the day the show was spectacular and ARR did his magical music. We totally enjoyed the blast of the speakers and the show in total. Sid Sriram just blew all of us of our seats. We all were just moving along with the groove.

ARR is everlasting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!