A Maestro and his fans...

Illairaja...Raja...Maestro...Musician...Isai Gyani(Yaani)..!
What was he...a genius...a musician...a composer....an intelligent man.
Music is universe...music is the rhythm...music is God
Every beat...drums...strings...hums...


Raaja the One Man Show...

The Show

He is a genius who as explored and ventures into different types music his whole life. But is a proven King of Music. I have been his fan since young , then as I grew older to like his music better and till now, the memories of my childhood are embedded in his pieces of music.

He is one of the greatest musicians of all time to me. I must say, I really felt blessed to be able to watch, hear and enjoy this great man play his music and sing live. One of my lifetime dreams has come true.
There were so many goosebumps moments throughout the show and my mind just floated away with every song played.

My soul has always been connected to his music that holds all my childhood moments.The way his music connects with me is something at times I can't explain or I myself don't understand.

When I said my childhood, why because that was the time he was coming up and he had many super duper hits of melodious and peppy songs. Songs that just took my soul for a ride. I was exposed to his music by my maternal grandfather, uncles, aunts and not forgetting my amma(mother). Since then certain songs holds fond memories of me growing and till now it never tended to fade.

I would say the best moment of listening to some of his selective collection compiled by myself would be during the evening sunset to twilight. Every song of his, rightly matches the drive, mood and the scene in reality. I have shared this with some of my friends who are also IRR biggest fans, the evening is the best mood for his melodious songs.

So coming back to the show, I was late it was almost 8pm as I got caught up in another family function. I really was wishing to be there when the concert starts and didn't want to miss the beginning or it would be regret for me. But I never got to guess what he would play for the opening as it didn't even cross my mind in my wildest guess too.

I finally reached the stadium and went into my seat. Luckily, my dearest friend has reserved two seats for me and my other friend who followed me and I also didn't want to regret delaying her either.


We sat and thanks to my dearest friend Precilla for coming in early hours, waited in the queue and managed to get a good view seating, only a true fan of IRR will understand these.

I checked my watch, it was 8.10pm, as I was getting comfortable, switching the phone to silent modes, the light went off, the stage was lighted and there I see the famous living king of music IRR was on the stage.

The claps thundered and the crowds were cheering as he appeared on the stage. There were no welcome speech nor introductions like other events, the moment he was up and his orchestra were already prepared and it begun.
My goosebumps rose high, the ears were filled with surround effects, and mind floated the moment he started his ever or my ever favourite of his best devotional version,"Janani". I felt the corners of my eyes were building with tears of excitement and thrilling experiences not sure whether it was the excitement of the song that did not cross my mind which would be played or the kinds of music that pulled my soul out of my body and pushed back in. I can't explain it in any other words. It was a magical journey for me though, I can't explain further. 

His amazed us, all every fan of his, every soul that overwhelmingly enjoyed his music for 5 hours. Yeah! he started from 8.15pm till 1.30am.

I was telling my friend as we were on our way to the stadium if only he plays my one of his favourites of all time which is "Sundari" song from Thalapathy movie. It would be the best thing ever I could ask more in my life. Of course, Yes! he did play it. The orchestra was just too amazing and the drums, the violins...OMG, I was speechless, overjoyed, excited!

The crowd were amazing, we Malaysian have some ethics of being understanding and patients at times. We do know none of us is perfect in our lives, so did the Maestro. I am not an expert or professional in music or understanding or know the differences if the tunes were played right or wrong. Only the expert will know that, but IRR made sure he got it right all time and also explained to all of us it was wrong and he has to play it back.

He eventually, did stop the entire orchestra as the musicians were playing half-way just because one of them played some wrong notes. It was with 100 players and they had about 100's of instruments. He is perfectionist comes to his music and he really knew where and what went wrong, corrected them and re-played back.

I would say, he wanted his fans to have the best and he did give us the most amazing musical journey with him, despite the flaws along the way were corrected and perfected. The orchestras were the highlight of the night, it was the magical music night brought live by them. This is what this show was all about and the moments with memories were created by them for me that night for my lifetime. 

Some of the musicians are being played for him from their teens and they all look old too. The heroes of IRR the Maestro, I would say. they have been and come from a long way along with the musical journey along with IRR.

The entire musical concert was just too good, mesmerising or magical.Each and every singer were involved in the song as they sang. There was certain songs and music played which did wake our souls and send chills till our hearts, the sound system was too good that every instrument that played was could be heard clearly and enjoyed.

The crowd were so amazing with their overjoyed excitements and thunderous claps and cheers just added more magic for the night. IRR himself requested to lit the stadium so he could see his us all the fan if his and I was glad I was there among the crowds too.

I would say every song chosen to be played that night had to reason behind it, it is not easy to choose something the audience might not like. That was true enough, as this show wasn't all about the One man and his musicians but the crowd. He had his music magic spread out to every fan in that crowd that gave the show a different touch of magic.

It was not only about IRR music but his journey in this music. He did share and explained his stories behind certain songs and tunes composed which were used in some movies and some which did not reach the to viewers or listeners. How some suggestions were accepted from others to edit the tone, tune, vocal, beats or hums to make it better, as he did try and it became the hits. As he shared the scenes moments of his musical journey is something not shared in all his concerts or interviews and this was a real treat for me as this was his first show and I will not forget my experience.

Raaj The One Man Show was a huge success and was a worthwhile night I spent with my friend who is also his biggest fans. Behind the success of this concert is also the organizers taking the effort and made it dream come true for many here.

Adious! to them too.

the Finale







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!