Visit to Angkor Wat

Every Hindu should visit Angkor Wat once in a life time to complete the history of Hinduism.Ramayana and Mahabharata were Hindu's folk stories. These stories are well revised to every Hindu born in India and outside. But never knew it was well preserved outside India and the mythical mythology is brought to live and still living.

My reason visit to Cambodia, Siem Reap made a miracle to my thoughts. being a Hindu it made me more stronger to believe the wonders of world left behind by our rulers centuries ago.

I was surprised to see, one part of a story from Mahabharata everywhere is Siam Reap am not sure of others parts. The ocean churning story. There are statues of that at every Hindu temple entrance especially at the Angkor Wat temple too.The Asura's (demons) and the God's got to together at this one point time. I was fascinated to see the sights in huge statues and the whole place captured my heart closer being part of the story.

Not only that Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma are famous here. I saw remains of Shiva linga's and Nandi (Shiva's bull ) at mostof the places but still many has gone missing. A huge statue of Vishnu is still in Angkor Wat. Some of the temple gopura's has Lord Indhiran on the elephant and Shiva on bull with his Wife carved.

The sight of every structure touched me. I felt myself going back in time, walking along the paths with those centuries ago. I could feel them all still living in the each stones and temples. All the builders and craft man's efforts are felt and their art of work is so magnificent.Every block of stones hs it own tale and story to be told.

No words could describe what I felt looking at each of the remaining structures still standing high , holding their pride. History never dies, history lives longer.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!