Twitter vs. Facebook

What are Twitter and Facebook ? Just a social networking site to make friends.Alright, not many of you'll really distinguish the difference between them. Some or many would have difference point of view.
I would describe Twitter similar to Facebook status updates without anything else. On Facebook, I live for the “likes”. It’s not that I have this compulsive need to feel popular or whatever so; I just love to know the right thing to post to bring the most happiness to people's lives even if it as at my own though. The "Like" is just a manifestation of me bringing joy to someone who shares the same thought as I post.

But it’s not the only reason I update my status on Facebook, I like to share my point of views and opinions about various current events in all type of events. Even am not into political but sometime it’s better to share some points of political blunders that goes by unnoticed by the public or misinterpreted by the media. The voice of people the most influenced voice has to be heard somewhere so it goes in here. Blogs and social networks allow our voices to be heard. If I could encourage some of my friends to look at the issue of the day and share more it would be grateful too .I meant if people end up just by agreeing with what I post as a result, that’s a great too but that’s not a goal either. After all it’s just a view and more views are reviewed.

So what does any of this as to do with Twitter though? Well, apparently all Twitter is also about status updates and flows of information’s for every second from different kinds of media’s. I started by tweeting funny things and beautiful quotes and inspirational words. Not only that, I did tweet about funny things shared by family from jokes to he/she said stuffs and were funny. But the feel of tweeting was more of talking to an empty room and seemingly feel unnoticed.. If it on Facebook, I would have got a lot of comments and ‘likes”.

I stopped tweeting for long time as I didn’t know how to make it work for me initially. It was till months later, I was busy with cake artistry classes that made me come back on twitter. As I had few bunch of people to share views and knowledge on baking skills. Then I realized how useful Twitter was in spreading information.
I decided to go deeper into Twitter to see what else is waiting there. I found that most of favourite news sources, books, movies, celebrities have twitter accounts. I quickly became very interested in following these accounts. The beauty of Twitter is that you don’t have to have a friend list but instead you will have followers. I can follow any account of anyone and see what they “Tweet”. Of course I would love them to follow me back and it’s not required though. I got the Twitter app on my iPhone to keep me updated and also found myself continuously checking back to see what is happening in the so called Twitter world.

Not everyone could be like me, always with my phone tweeting and face booking. There is no harm to anyone and anybody. I’m not wasting neither your time nor mine. I’m sharing and learning a lot that is out there which does not reach us in accordance. Firstly make a difference in the way you thinks and expand the thoughts. Second, you can tweet any topics of anything.

As when I tweet my opinions, I find people tend to follow me and also re-tweeting my tweets on their timeline(wall).Not only that, I feel whatever I post on Twitter are a lot different from what I post on 
Facebook. Twitter is more to public view and opinion while on Facebook it’s more subtle and people know and can share the joys of my life.

The things of whatever I tweet is always something very general and a wide range of people are concern and relates to them. They hear you and accept silent voice. It really makes a difference. The subtle topics and views are enjoyable as you read them it reaches every part of the world. That’s why I tweet.

I also get tips, news of current and political, tips on baking and computers, software’s, quotes and so much to know. Twitter keeps me informed with important news and also allows my voice to be heard not like 
Facebook as all my posts on Twitter is on public view, nothing personal either. Anything I tweet can be searched by anyone.

Go ahead tell the world about what you’re doing, it isn’t awkward as some might feel. Tweeting about your having a burger at this shop and suddenly you get a response from someone say,”Yeah! It’s delicious there”.
I love Twitter and also Facebook. They keep me connected with the world and friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!