Childhood Memoirs !!!


There were just few childhood memories that I cherish. Those days were the day’s that will not repeat again and these are the days that I will not be able tell anyone.The feel and the memory of each fascinating moment was a little happiness in my life.
We were not well to do those days and our mom slogged every hour of her time to give us the best. Our dad was based in oil palm estates to manage the factories and would not come back every fort nights. Every moment me and my brothers spent are the moment we look forward now.
My time was wonderful with my three brothers. We use to have the great fun. Our childhood experiences thought us a lot on survival and we experimented those while got scolded from mom including some hard smacking’s ( hehehe !) But they were fun and we didn’t repeat those actions again. Everything was one time game with thrills.
We were not hooked to the TV have they were limited children’s programs played only from 4-6pm only on one channel. We either didn’t have any computers or PlayStations.
Our adventures were cycling, playground and neighbor friends. Boys always played the marble, kite and remote cars. We girls had our own cooking corner or cycling. I and my brothers have gone fishing while we were visiting out cousins in the oil palm estates. We used to fish out the “fighting fishes” from the small drains in the estate forest. Instead once we caught tadpoles no knowingly and our mom was after us with a cane .Since than no drains and no fishing from that day on.
We used to mess ourselves playing in sand and muds. We sneaked out on rainny days to play in the rain when parents are out. And also remembering the tree at our back yard which gave us the shed and it was also a friend that we used to spend most of time under there. Falling sick was the best as we would be treated like a king or queen lying in bed and taken care.
As I look back into my childhood it takes me back on a long journey. Having the ability and freedom to be a child is an important element in anyone’s life. It's was a part story of who we become in a later age. When we get older, we often lose the little moments but very important things out of sight. Everything that has to do with being a child and other little things that make’s life so wonderful.
Why is it that we wish to hold onto those childhood moments?  I suppose it’s because as a child they seemed perfect.  I am betting however my parents would tell me that they were full of imperfection that my innocent young eyes would not have grasped.  I prefer to keep these cherished memories as untarnished highlights of my life.

Comments

  1. I really love to read your blog.It reminds me of my childhood life:).Really feel nostalgic about that days:) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading as I know I have some supporters that will keep me writing often.I really had a great childhood and those are memories of my life forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!