Myths of Lord Shiva

Today I had spend a great moment talking with my uncle when she share a story about Lord Siva.

He asked if did I know that Lord Siva was a Siddha-Deva. I said, I didn't know that.

Then he continued the story. 

The story actually was initiated as we were in a Indian Restaurant and there was a "Nadaraja" picture of Lord Shiva in his Rudra Thandavam post. 

He asked me," Which leg is he standing and which leg is lifted?'
I told him,"He is standing on his right leg".

Then he told me ,"Have you observed all the Nadaraja statues or pictures of him standing on the right leg, but have you seen one where he will be standing on the left leg instead".

I told him, "Not at all I have seen one of those".

Then he said," There is a statue in Madurai temple that has a statue with him standing on his left leg, but he wasn't sure of the story behind that."

I managed to Google for the story of  Left Leg Nadaraja .

That's when he continued again about Lord Siva was also had appeared a Siddhar and was visiting the Madurai Meenakshi temple.

One day the king came to visit the temple and notice this Siddhar meditating without acknowledging the King's arrival.

So the King angry and was talking to his men that they too many entrusted people around the temple pretending to be Siddhar.

Lord Shiva overheard his conversation and pretended not to hear anything and he remained in his meditation.

The King wanted the Siddhar to proof if he was a true Siddhar not knowing it is Lord Siva.
The king ordered his men to get some sugar canes.

The king told the Siddhar,"If you are a true Siddhar then make those elephants in that pillar to eat these sugar cane.

Without the King realizing a trunk appeared and ate the sugar canes.

The elephant also took the precious beads from the King's neck.

The King begged the Siddhar in returns of his precious beads. 

As soon the beads were returned and the elephants were back to their original state, he Lord Shiva disappeared.

After hearing this story, I stated to do my Goolge research and found few links.

Actually this was one of the 64 Thiruvilaiyadal (Divine Acts) of Lord Shiva. In all his 
Thiruvilaiyadal , Lord Shiva appearing in various disguises to test his devotees in every aspect of human behaviours.



I have another post which explains has a link to the 64 Divine Acts of Lord Shiva (Thiruvilaiyadal Puranam)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!