Kindness is Sharing!!

Do I used to live selfishly ?No, I wasn’t but all my decisions were made putting my own needs and wants as the first consideration. I honestly feel that it did have a huge impact on me though but still am a considerable and considered person. Come on guys those who knew me and known me could judge me better than myself. ***sighs***.


I’m writing about something that actually meant so much to me or maybe changed a little part of my life for some realization, I would say,something that has touched my heart to let me know I have something in me that others should know. I’m not overstating though but the fact.
I was at the petrol station re-filling my car and I noticed this guy walking up and down.Ok! Some of you’ll might think about the stories we hear about petrol station but this is something different. Don’t worry I was not harmed though.


This guy came to me. This wasn’t something out of the ordinary but the approach was a little different. He said, “My motor bike had a flat tyre and has been repair but I don’t have enough money. You be kind enough to give me RM10”. I was suspicious but it was also awkward to ask for just RM10 than some money. Everyone at the station ignored him looking at his colour. I thought to myself I’m an Indian and there is no harm helping another Indian. He was indeed begging me to help him .As I walked past him, holding some money in my hand and I thought to myself that he was only going to use the money to feed his addiction to drugs or alcohol. How could I trust him? All these thoughts were running in my head in that short time while I was still re-filling my car.


He looked like that type of old and ragged. Then I stopped, rather shocked at myself. What was I going to spend the money on? I only was going to feed my addiction with some chocolates and anything else. I realized I had no right to place myself above him just because he seek help from me rather than begging.


I was still with my thinking cap and  thoughts were running across my mind should I or should I not? I was almost completing my re-fill. But this guy stood a distance away from me and was still talking in Tamil. Without me realizing I was speaking to GOD within myself. “If I was about  to help this guy, please show me a sign that it would be for good and his genuine about his plea”. Anyways,I called him and pocket out RM10, he stood in a distance and received the money with both his hands. Again I felt more awkward, why with both hands, curiosity raised within me.


After receiving it, he just mentioned this and I was really taken with these words he said,”Hanuman arsiervatham ungallaku irruku” (Lord Hanuman has blessed you). I stood there still with a blank mind and my eyes bags were getting heavy and my heart beat throbbing. Why Hanuman ?, the monkey GOD in Hindu religion.I am a Hanuman devotee though but he answered me back for what I seeked.My prayers were answered!


Then he just greeted me with both his palms close together and said,”Romba Nadri,amma.


That one thing since that day made me realize that we should never judge a book by its cover as we don't know the content of it. And that man was no harm to me. As selfish as it may sound as I expected something more to come from that moment. The feel of such happiness, that I have made someone else happy for that day.


So then I smiled and got into my car, remembering why I never did things like that before. I didn’t see him as he left. I really don’t know who actually was in his disguise to test my kindness in reality. But one thing as I know God was watching my back that day. You could say I’m now addicted to the feeling of giving to “those in need”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!