Standing tall


 
For a height that seems impossible, the bark and the wood beneath extends above my head. I arch my neck to see the height of this tree standing so tall above me.
I run my hands over the bark. Felt the energy of this tree, many feet above, there is green. Every branch had greens giving shade and shadows on the ground.
What does it take to stand tall?
How does it feel to grow leaves, shed them every year, and re-grow every year?
What does it take to stand tall and provide shade to all below?
When the height is immense and the vastness of so mighty, how deep must the roots run? How much grounding is necessary for the height to stay high?
How old yet so full of life?
For years you have grown tall proudly standing tall above all. The same ground that fed and still feeding you and gave you the space to grow, deeper your roots are running below my feet; holding tight against all odds of the wind and rain.
All you had was just a hope to live and still living on tall.
Indeed, what does it take to stand tall?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!