Love being Single!


Today is February 14, which means it’s Valentine’s Day. Everyone all around the world will be showing extra special love to their loved ones. More roses, chocolates and cakes would be sold. All famous restaurants and café’s will be booked. Everything would be very expensive on this one day. Inflation in price hike up for 24hours and people don’t mind spending extra than the normal day.
Why must we have a special day to tell someone that we love them or do special things for our the other,other ? I personally, would much rather get a bunch of flowers, chocolates, or go on a nice date on some random, unexpected night other than this day. 
This is just my opinion and it might probably change if I was in a relationship but still I disagree. Firstly, the truth of me being in a relationship is out of questions. I’ve never been in a relationship that lasted till Valentine’s Day, It’s always was a “Hi and I guess we will just be friends” the end, so I would not know the extra special of that day. There is no point of having just the feel of the day rather to experience that special day in one day.
I’m not sad or embarrassed by that, in fact, I’m quite happy with it. As they say age is just a number and it increases year by year. I’m not missing out anything in life. I have a good life, good job and loving family, my random social lifestyle and my dearest friends. What else do I need more? As relationship is the last thing I need right now for a couple reasons.
It’s more to my choice to remain single till the right time comes by. It’s not am going to be single forever, that the wrong statement everyone should be correcting about me.
Secondly, being in a relationship in my opinion is understandings. The least favorite thing in my life is “pretending” being a drama prince. You have to take time to worry about how someone else is doing all the time, if they’re mad at you,  blah !blah! blah! blah! blah!, kind of texting and messaging, where else guys are almost or always have a drama attached at some point. It’s not worth it and I don’t have time for it.
I love being single. Most people don’t understand this especially my worried family that is worrying for me as I’m still not settled in my life. Typical thoughts of an Indian family. I know they are worried for my wellbeing but it’s not easy to just say yes to a” Tom, Dick, Harry” and feel miserable for rest of my life. They should think that there’s nothing better than being in love and finding someone or married to someone and spending the rest of my life depending and committed.
I personally, am much more worried about what I’m going to be doing and do not want to depend on the significant other always. I love having my life be drama free. I love being able to go out and not worry about doing something that my significant other wouldn’t approve of. I love not having to worry about always having my phone next to me because my boyfriend may text or call. And I love having time to myself. When you’re single, you have time to take care of yourself and do things that would be considered selfish when you’re in a relationship. I don’t like to juggle my life.
At the end of the day, I’m single and extremely happy with my life. I don’t want to even consider till establish myself as a person. I understand that if Mr. Right comes around that may change, but I don’t anticipate that happening
Just to clarify, I’m not against other people’s relationships; I just know what’s best for me right now. And that is being happy and enjoying life on my own. I’m happy being single and love my freedom. When my time comes I will sure write once again contradicting to this blog of my love life and the Mr. Right that I have found but yet to find now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!