Two wheels !!

During my childhood I used to dream to learn few things. I've always felt that it was nice to have struggled in my younger days living life, otherwise I would not have had so many dreams. Again the pleasure of dreaming is equalled when you can achieve them personally. Ok! Too much dreaming and not doing anything will not take you anywhere.

One of such dream was to learn cycling and own a bicycle. Bicycles are poor man’s transport even today in third world countries. I have grown up seeing people owning their bicycle with great pride.Cycle was the coolest thing in my era. Children with bicycles will parade their cycling skills.

Children's cycling starts from a tricycle to a 4 wheeled bicycle and later the real two wheeled bicycle. I learnt cycling when I used to visit my cousins who used to live in the estates. Since there are less traffic and the safest place to learn cycling. I and brothers always took an oppurtunity to learn our cycling skills.

It's easy to learn once you know how to balance on the bicycle, once you have manage it, first pedal will be far more easier. Everyone in my neighbourhood used to have a bicycle. All the kids had bicycles and it was a great sight to watch as evening comes, everyone will be out cycling. Some of them use their bicycle as their daily vehicle to travel either to school or tuition.
You can see a family could ride on a bicycle,typically family of four on a cycle. We children cycle to school or tuitions. Boys always modified their cycles to show off among the boy group as they have cycling race.

However, I really doubt whether my kids relish their bikes the same way as me because of the way they handle. There is always a pleasure in dreaming for something and getting it.

Nowadays kids dream for very expensive things and their happiness and spirit dies sooner they get it. Even last weekend when my kids took their bikes, I was laughing to myself thinking about my younger days and they all wondered why I was smiling and looking lost!

How can I explain them all the joy? It may not sound great for them because they have heard it from me lot of times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!