Nothing is impossible

I vowed and prayed to carry 'Pal Kudam' which is the act of carrying a milk pot on your head and walking all the way up to the top of the cave today. It all started on a quite morning and the roads were empty and the temple had hardly any people. To my suprise it should had been crowded that Saturday morning.The mode of Thaipusam was quite though.
But to my luck that day all went on very well indeed. My aunt followed me and climb those stairs.The last time she went up those very steps were 22 years ago. So this time it was a challenge for her to climb those 272 steps again with her current health condition. Somehow she managed to climb up and we didn't realize we actually took only 45 minutes for an average person like us to reach the top of the cave entrance. Of course we took our time on each steps and I was chanting "Vetri Vel Muruganaku ! Arrogaara" which indeed gave me the strength to to climb without much of struggle on the 272 steep steps to the cave in that early wee morning hours .
To my suprise I managed to compelete it and there were no worries as there were no obstacles for us to be slow or delay to pay our respect to Lord Muruga. I was though worried about my aunt as her legs always had problems but with his blessing she made it up there.
In cave ,at the main shrine ,there were very few people in queue so we managed to reach there on time for the "Abhishegam". Most of the devotees there were also carrying " paal kudaam" and some carried "sugar cane" where the husband and wife will carry the sugar cane with a cradle where is baby is carried.Both couples will carry the weight on their shoulders to pay their gratitude as they are blessed with a child after so many years . 
More were coming up though, the crowd was building.We were blessed as we had a good darshan. I was happy and I know I always had his blessings.
I felt strong and lighter in mind and soul at the end of the day.Thankful to my grandparents, who are so devoted to Lord Murugan that has thought me a proper view of the my own religion. These are done devotedly through strong beliefs and pure heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KumariKandam (குமரிக்கண்டம்) D'Lost Continent Of Tamil Nadu

The Train and An Elephant Story

A Proud Tamizhan !!